Thursday, February 27, 2014
Microtheme Project
The Microtheme Project is something new and interesting that I have never had the opportunity to learn about in my previous writing courses. I can see myself using it as a brainstorming method and a “prestart” to an analysis draft. I believe that it allows the writer to concentrate most of the substance of a paper virtually omitting the literary fluff that goes into writing a piece of literary art. All writing should have purpose and the Microtheme bluntly states this purpose and reveals the focus of the paper. After seeing some of the samples provided by the professor, I realize that a good Microtheme involves topics that the reader can relate to. Once the writer provides points of analysis, the reader follows by applying this new perception to their own. The analysis provided must be varied and reasonable enough so that the reader will not dismiss it. It must also be objective but still relative to the writer’s life in order to increase the level of credibility. In my own Microtheme, I explored the topic of aggressive driving which is something that I believe most people living in or near metropolitan areas can relate to. However, in hindsight, I realize that I analyzed the subject in a general sense, not truly inserting myself into a particular situation where the subject becomes an issue. Of course, aggressive driving is an issue that one can determine problematic without the help of an anecdote but the final product ultimately seems less rounded. In order to make my Microtheme better, I need to connect it to myself personally which will be easy enough to do (I hope).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment